10 Ways that you can ‘Raise Your Frequency’!
1. Focus on your breathing. Take time to meditate, slow down your breathing, relieve your stress. During the day when there may be little time to slow down you can do mini breathing exercises. These can be done even while driving (preferably at a stop light). Take a deep breath—hold for a count of 3 to 4—-slowly exhale. I like to inhale my favorite essential oil for added benefit. Lavendar is one of my favorites, since it is a calming oil.
2. Take time to slow down -do enjoyable activities and spend time with those that support and love you.
3. Process & consiously feel your feelings – many of us have learned to stuff our feelings down especially if they are negative or un-spiritual. This is a practice that society encourages and rewards. When in fact, it is the practice of feeling that leads us to the divine.The sooner you feel the feeling, the sooner and easier it will release. Being human is the path to spiritual enlightenment. The processing of feelings can be done in numerous ways. Different personality types will gravitate towards different methods. Here are a few ideas to help get you started.
A. Journal. Journal it all out on paper. No editing. Say whatever you want, as much or as little as you want. Keep going till the negative feelings are released and you return to a more balanced state.
B. Talk with a trusted friend about all that is ailing or upset you. You want someone that is safe and understanding. Someone that will is able to validate your experiences, not be critical or judgemental. Someone is has mastered the art of listening and allowing. Allowing a person their feelings, without the urge to ‘fix’ them is the key.
C. Read about the same issues you are facing. Read about the stories from others and how they struggled and overcame the same issues you are facing. There are so many forums, groups, etc. online today, it’s not too difficult to find another person who is facing the same struggles we are. The key to this, is to know you are not the only person that has these emotions. It becomes a validating experience. Validation is powerful energy!
4. Positive mantra’s -helps retrain your mind and permeates throughout your body. Positive mantra’s do offer positive energy to a person’s world, but they will not be a cure for all. They are temporary fixes. These are meant to inspire, to validate, to relieve the moment, and create a plan. Action steps must be followed with positive mantra’s. There is nothing more uplifting then setting a course, changing an unpleasant situation, writing down the action steps and completing them. This will create an aura of positive energy that lifts you for days to come.
5. Cultivate compassion -Your energy is something you put out into the world. It either uplifts or drains others. When you notice this interconnection, how we affect one another, we start to take more responsibility for the energy we radiate.
By engaging in daily practices like mindfulness, meditation, yoga, and healthy eating we shift our energy. We begin to operate at a high-vibrational frequency, the frequency of love, and that’s when we are a magnet for more positive relationships and experiences.
When our energetic aura shifts, our consciousness expands, our nervous system neutralizes, and we begin to fully realize and experience a spiritual awakening… the recognition of our divine essence. Things become possible that weren’t before. A miraculous life unfolds in front of us.
6. Laugh! Laugh till you cry. Laugh out loud. Laugh at yourself, with your friends, by yourself….Just laugh! Laugh till your weak in the knees, create laughter, watch others laugh, be silly and laugh! Laughter increases the release of endorphins, which are the bodies natural feel good chemicals. Laughter decreases stress and improves the immune system. Find a way to laugh!
7. Spend time outdoors enjoying nature. Getting away from the roaring noise of traffic, the wifi, internet and all technology. Being present in nature, take in the slower pace, the more balanced life of time and energy. Nature has a way of creating more of an equilibrium to the mind, body and spirit.
8. Be cognizant of the information you allow in your life. There are messages all around us that promote fear and terror. It lives in what we read, watch and listen to. It can come from who we hang out with, who we sit next to, and even amongst our own thoughts. Try a small experiment. Stop reading the newspaper, watching and/or listening to the news for 30 days. Cold turkey! No cheating! Hopefully you can become more aware of the media and its negative influence it has on all of us, after you have stepped away from it. This alone will add a positive glow to your energy field.
9. Do the things that add joy to your life. Listen to your favorite music, be with your favorite person, sit by the water, lay down on the porch hammock and read your favorite book, enjoy your favorite activity, plan a vacation, take the day off work. Allow yourself the pleasures of life that bring more balance and harmony.
10. Self-esteem can lower your frequency to dangerous levels. Life and the people in it can be underlying culprits to feeling less confident about yourself and understanding the value you offer to the world. Depression, suicidal thoughts, PTSD, feeling hopeless, ongoing, non-stoppable life circumstances can whirl wind the self-esteem right out of you. It can take weeks, months, years to bounce back from devastating circumstances. Just know this, you can do it! It is possible!
It just takes a willingness to change your circumstances, and the motivation to go thru the steps to do it. Follow the steps in this article (or whatever article or book resonates with you) to begin changing the frequency in your world. Choose just one step that you feel ready to accomplish and commit to it. Take baby steps to begin, if your frequency is low, it takes allot of energy just to complete one step. Take it slow. Once you have mastered that step, move onto the next step.
Self-evaluation is required for this. If you are the most self aware person, find someone who can be brutally honest (in a kind and loving way) about your situation and offer constructive feedback. Take what you can use, throw away the rest and use that information to rebuild your life and your self-esteem. Do things that you will be successful at. Activities that you enjoy doing and you know you cannot fail at. Do something that comes naturally to you, and requires little effort, because you are fueled by the glowing energy it brings to your world. If your just getting started at what you love. Practice, practice, practice. Share your endeavors with those that will support you and cheer you on. If you don’t have anyone, then set goals that you can accomplish and check them off your list. Nothing is written in stone, you can always rewrite your plan. Something doesn’t work, then try again. The point is that you keep moving in a forward direction, following only your inner guide. Your inner guide is what speaks to you to live your life authentically. Living a life that is designed for you, not those around you, is a way to raise your self-esteem.
People often get confused with this one, because we hear so many stories on the internet about the woman or the man that quit his job and went off to do what they have always wanted to do. Great! And if you are able to do that realistically, then go for it! However, this is, for most of us, unrealistic and taking risks that may be foolish and self-destructive.
If that is your goal to quit your job and go off and open up a shop in the Caribbean somewhere, then do it by carefully planning it so that you are not left standing without anything to account for. Be realistic about your plans. Make them measurable objectives that can create success. Aim high, start low.
These are ideas that can build your self-esteem back up. By doing this, you increase your frequency. By increasing your frequency, you invite more positive energies into your field. This creates windows of opportunities that set you on a path that follows your truest, most inner callings.
Rewrite by Diana Wanamaker
Copyright June 11, 2016. All Rights Reserved
(*pieces taken from this article link: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-7916/5-tips-to-increase-your-energetic-vibrational-frequency.html)